- ACRL/RBMS Guidelines for Interlibrary and Exhibition Loan of Special Collections Materials, approved by ACRL in January 2012. It combines and replaces the separate ACRL Guidelines for the Interlibrary Loan of Rare and Unique Materials and ACRL Guidelines for Borrowing and Lending Special Collections Materials for Exhibition.
- ACRL/RBMS Guidelines Regarding Security and Theft in Special Collections approved by ACRL in 2009. It combines and replaces the separate Guidelines for the Security of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Other Special Collections and Guidelines Regarding Thefts in Libraries.
- ACRL Code of Ethics for Special Collections Librarians approved by ACRL in October 2003; supersedes ACRL Standards for Ethical Conduct for Rare Book, Manuscript, and Special Collections Libraries and Librarians, with Guidelines for Institutional Practice in Support of the Standards, 2nd edition, 1994. [Approved Final Revision published in College and Research Library News (C&RL News) 54:4, April 1993]
- ACRL/SAA Joint Statement on Access to Research Materials in Archives and Special Collections Libraries. [Revised ed., approved July 2009. Former revised ed. published in C&RL News 54:11, Dec. 1993]
- ACRL Guidelines on the Selection of General Collection Materials for Transfer to Special Collections. Third ed., approved July 2008.
- ACRL Guidelines: Competencies for Special Collections Professionals. Approved July 2008.
For additional information, see the complete listing of ACRL Standards and Guidelines on the ACRL Web site.