The Schlesinger Library on the History of Women in America seeks a dynamic and team-oriented Research Librarian to play a vital role in supporting and promoting the use of the Schlesinger’s collections in University-wide research, teaching, and learning initiatives. With the finest collection of resources for research on the history of women in the United States, the library’s holdings are strong in: women’s rights and feminism, health and sexuality, work and family life, education and the professions, and culinary history and etiquette.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited graduate program or equivalent education and experience.
- Three or more years of professional reference or research services experience in a special collections or archives with significant responsibilities for instruction and education.
- Knowledge of best practices and current methods in special collections pedagogy and reference services.
- Capacity to thrive as a highly collaborative team member in a future-focused environment.
- Strong public service orientation.
At the Schlesinger Library, one of The Harvard Library special collections, our work is enriched by a diverse campus community. Our unique and wide-ranging abilities, experiences, and perspectives are integral to achieving Harvard University’s mission of excellence in research, teaching, and learning for our patrons, our collections, and our workplace. We believe that an inclusive environment that cultivates and promotes understanding, respect, and collaboration across our diverse workforce enables our success. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and abilities to apply to be a part of our community. Our work with faculty, students and researchers to explore answers to intellectual questions, enduring and new, and to seek solutions to the world’s most consequential problems, requires that we not only reflect, but also champion our diverse society.
For a complete job description, see https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=1264994&PartnerId=25240&SiteId=5341&type=mail
Minimum salary: $ 57,701
Interested applicants must apply for the Research Librarian position through ASPIRE, Harvard University’s online employment application system: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/home.aspx?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341 Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume or CV.