- : Classes of owners (Gathering term; do not assign)
- : SN: Gathering term; do not use; index under a narrower term.
- Association copies
- . Authors' copies
- . SN: Use for copies of an
. author's work known or thought to have been part of that author's
. personal library or used by that author, not simply
. presented or inscribed by the author.
- . Booksellers' copies
- . SN: Use for copies owned by booksellers or displaying evidence
. of second-hand booksales, e.g., dealer's ms. notes.
- . Dedicatees' copies
- . Donors' copies
- . SN: Use for materials actually owned and then donated by an
. individual or institution.
- . Illustrators' copies
- . Library copies
- . SN: Use for copies owned by institutions or formal private
. libraries as opposed to personal collections.
- .. Subscription library copies
- .. HN: Approved 1/2008
- .. SN: Use for copies owned or formerly owned by subscription
- . Printers' copies
- . Publishers' copies
- . Translators' copies
- . SN: Use for copies of a work owned or used by a translator of
. that work.
Send comments to Ryan Hildebrand, Controlled Vocabularies editor.