Classes of owners (Gathering term; do not assign)
- Classes of owners (Gathering term; do not assign)
- . Association copies
- . SN: Use for evidence of association when a broad scope is
. desired. This could include copies of books owned or
. annotated by the author, someone connected with the author,
. someone of interest in his own right, or someone
. particularly associated with the contents or production of
. the book. Some institutions may choose to further broaden
. the scope of this term by including indeterminate evidence
. of association.
- .. Authors' copies
- .. SN: Use for copies of an
.. author's work known or thought to have been part of that author's
.. personal library or used by that author, not simply
.. presented or inscribed by the author.
- .. Booksellers' copies
- .. SN: Use for copies owned by booksellers or displaying evidence
.. of second-hand booksales, e.g., dealer's ms. notes.
- .. Dedicatees' copies
- .. Donors' copies
- .. SN: Use for materials actually owned and then donated by an
.. individual or institution.
- .. Illustrators' copies
- .. Library copies
- .. SN: Use for copies owned by institutions or formal private
.. libraries as opposed to personal collections.
- ... Subscription library copies
- ... HN: Approved 1/2008
- ... SN: Use for copies owned or formerly owned by subscription
- .. Printers' copies
- .. Publishers' copies
- .. Translators' copies
- .. SN: Use for copies of a work owned or used by a translator of
.. that work.
- . False association copies
- . SN: Use for forged, faked or discredited evidence of
. provenance, usually in conjunction with another term or
. terms from this list.
- . Supposed association copies
Send comments to Ryan Hildebrand, Controlled Vocabularies editor.