<< Prize bindings | Proprietary bindings | Standard View | Protective housing (Gathering term; do not assign) >>
- : Categories of bindings/Occasions for binding (Gathering term;do not assign)
- : SN: Gathering term; do not use; index under a narrower term.
- Proprietary bindings
- . Apollo and Pegasus bindings
- . Armorial bindings
- . SN: Bindings with a coat of arms, or any part of a coat of
. arms, e.g., a crest.
- . Cottonian Library book covers
- . SN: Robert Southey’s cloth book covers.
- . Hollis bindings
- . Middle Hill boards
- . SN: Found on books and manuscripts bound for Sir Thomas
. Phillipps' library at Middle Hill. The usual style is a drab colored paper over millboard, without pastedowns or other endpapers. The text block is sewn on two cords, which are laced through the boards. Phillipps'
. shelf-mark is usually present in the form: [Roman
. numeral].[lowercase letter].[Arabic numeral].
- . Monogrammed bindings
- . Royal bindings
- . Settle bindings
Send comments to Ryan Hildebrand, Controlled Vocabularies editor.